Montreal – Quebec City
Montreal’s Best Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tours.
Discover Montréal’s neighbourhoods through its flavourful food and see all the best attractions like a true local
Highlights of the Free Old Montreal Walking Tour:
- Discover some of the best parts of Old Montreal. Learn amazing stories about the history, culture and architecture of Montréal and the province of Québec
- Not only are our guides romantically in love with Montreal, they also know their stuff: All our guides received professional training
- Meet other awesome travelers and locals. Get personal recommendations for restaurants and venues after the tour.
Registrations are mandatory!
Register your tour through online in five seconds to confirm your participation. All we need is your email address in order send you the correct meeting location and to contact you if the tour was to be canceled.
The Free Old Montreal Tour visits:
- The Place Jacques Cartier
- Chateau Ramezay’s unique garden and how Montreal became an American city for a short while
- Notre-Dame de Bonsecours Chapel, also known as the “Sailor’s church”
- An overview of the Old Port and its recent transformation
- The Place d’Armes with its many historical landmarks
- Canada’s former Wall Street Rue Saint-Jacques West
- The Quartier International, a true symbol of Montreal’s modern Architecture
- An introduction to the Montreal Underground
- And many unbelievable (but true!) stories along the way!
Where does the Old Montreal tour finish?
The Walk ends at the Place Jean-Paul Rioppelle which is 20 minutes away from the starting point and right by Metro Place d’Armes. Google Map link here
What if it rains or snows?
The Free Walking Tours are held in all types of weather. If we have to cancel a free tour due to extreme weather you will be notified in advance by email.
How is the Old Montreal Tour Free?
We work on a tips-only basis, so that everyone can discover our historical district. Because you choose how much you give, we do our best to offer you the greatest experience possible.
Group of more than 8 people?
You can book a Private Old Montreal Walking Tour at any day and any moment of the day right here. You can also visit the Group and Private Montreal Tours section to contact us.
The Free Old Montreal Tour is offered almost everyday.
Check the calendar to see the exact tour offered. Sometimes, our guides are busy offering the Mile-End Montreal Food Tour
When & Where to Meet
We meet on Place Vauquelin at the fountain on the West side of City Hall.
Use 275 Rue Notre-Dame Est, Montréal, QC, Canada H2Y 1C6 Google maps link: